Your page is being printed


Accommodation in the UK

Where you decide to live is a very important decision as you will be living here for the duration of your course.  Choose somewhere where you are going to be happy.

Halls of Residence
Most universities provide their own accommodation for students.  These are usually based on campus or very close by.  These can be en-suite rooms or a room with shared facilities.  Some universities can offer meals.  They are usually overseen by a resident member of the university to ensure the welfare and safety of the students. We recommend that at least for the first year you consider staying in this type of accommodation. It would have easy access to the university and allow you to settle into the country much better. It would also allow you to meet with a variety of other students and cultures.

House share
Many students resided in properties owned by private landlords. You will have your own room, but will be sharing the kitchen and, usually, bathroom. You will usually split all bills with the other students. You will be responsible for your own cooking. The universities usually have a list of approved properties and can help you find somewhere to live.

Homestay allows you to rent a room from a local family near to where you are studying.  This helps you learn the local lifestyle and language.  You would normally live, eat and share the majority of your time with your host family. Usually all meals, bills and laundry are included. Your university will have a list of approved families.

Make sure for apply for your accommodation as soon as you have chosen your university.  Demand for accommodation is also very high and availability of on-campus accommodation, (if available) can not be guaranteed.